Wednesday, April 3, 2013

LN #6: Tell about proud moments as a grandmother; Part 12

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARTON GRAHAM SLOAN!
(aka Gray!)

Gray with the Batmobile I sent him!

So, today is Gray's third birthday!  Barton Graham, named for his beloved Uncle Barton, is the twelfth in my growing line of grandchildren.

Brandon & his boys on BYU-Idaho Graduation Day
Gray was born April 3, 2010, mere DAYS before his dad (Brandon) earned his Bachelor's degree at Brigham Young University - Idaho in Rexburg, Idaho as you can see in the picture above!  What an eventful weekend that created!
First, Gray was born, so Grandma Fuhriman came to stay, then I came to stay, then we had graduation and then it was Easter!

Brandon & Krew died Easter Eggs!
But even with all the other excitement, Gray was still the center of attention and Krew was excited to have a little brother!

Krew loves his little brother!
Unfortunately, Gray is another one of my grandchildren I don't know very well.  Two reasons: 1) He's still a bit too young to really know too much about who he is and what his real interests are and 2) For most of his young life, he's lived in Mississippi while I've been living in Seattle; so visits have been too few and far between!

So, what do I know about Gray? First of all, I know he's adorable and he's smart. (That's not prejudice.  That's just simple truth.)  I know he's into Super Heroes.  (A little disappointed, perhaps, that he prefers Thor to Iron Man...)  I know he's a good big brother to Bennett.  I suspect it won't be too many years before he outgrows his big brother.  It's a little too early to know for sure, but I believe he'll be the one most like his dad.  I know he likes to sing and I know he follows his dad around like a little puppy.  I know his Uncle Bart is thrilled to have a namesake, and insists on calling him "Little Bart" even though Diedre insisted he have a nickname so the family could differentiate between the two Bartons.


But, the name of this blog entry isn't "Tell about when Gray was born" or "Tell what you know about Gray," is it?  Nope.  It's "Tell about proud moments as a grandmother; part 12."  So, what can I say there is about Gray that makes me proud?  I mean, like I said before, he's still young and I'm still figuring out who he is, but odd as it may sound, there is one very special thing that Gray and I have in common; something that really shouts "He's Grandma's Boy!"  My little Gray loves hot dogs!!!  According to his dad, he would eat them three meals a day and whenever he's given his choice for what he wants to eat, his request is hot dogs.  Gray, other people may not understand.  Other people may think you're nuts.  Some may even be so crazy as to try to convince you that they don't taste good or that they're not good for you!  But Gray, don't you listen to them!  I get it and I've got your back!  

Happy Birthday, sweet boy!  I love you!





1 comment:

  1. Sums him up perfectly. That is what we had for his birthday dinner was hotdogs!!!! Love you mama.

    ReplyDelete