Tuesday, November 19, 2013

LN #6: Tell proud moments of being a Grandmother - Part 9

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SONI!!!

Soni with her remote control Barbie Car!
November 18, 2013

I got the greatest phone call as I was leaving work last night! Grandbaby #9 (Granddaughter #4) called me, so excited I could barely understand what she was saying! She had just opened her Barbie Remote Control car that she asked me for, for her birthday. Grandma hit a home run with that one!

Addison Samera Carter was born November 19, 2007 in Dallas, Texas. (Samera is a combination of her parents' names: Samantha & Cameron.)
Soni is unique among the Carter children in that she's the only one who had a natural birth! Because of Sami's heart condition, her three previous deliveries were all planned and Sami didn't go into labor on her own. Apparently, Soni decided she wanted to be one-of-a-kind and she came as a bit of a surprise... like most babies! Soni evened the family out: 3 boys & 3 girls (counting Mom & Dad, of course) AND she completed the "Brother Sandwich," with her big sister, Andi.

Sami & her Girls
August, 2008
From day one, Soni has been the spitting image of her paternal grand- mother, Lorene (Luthe) Carter. While it's never surprising when someone's child looks just like them, it's been amazing how closely Soni resembles her grandma.


Soni is a little mother and enjoys playing with dolls. Last year the big excitement was the American Girl doll that she was getting for her birthday. Princesses are popular too.

She's a bit mischievous and gets this shy twinkle in her eye when she's up to no good; especially if she thinks she might get the better of one of her siblings.

Soni might be just a little bit spoiled. Being the last baby that Sami knew she would have, Soni may have been catered to just a bit more than the older three. While Sami adored all of her babies, I know it's been the hardest for her to watch Soni grow up. 
Soni-First Day of Kindergarten
August, 2013
This fall, Soni started Kindergarten and although I know it was a little hard for her, Sami pulled it together and enjoys spending time at the school as the PTO president and room mother.

Everyone Goes to School!
2013
I'm afraid Soni is another one of my grandbabies that I don't know very well because I haven't gotten to spend too much time with her. I do know that she's a beautiful young lady who's a little shy and full of a lot of love. I also know that I love HER and I'm so excited to watch her as she grows to see what wonderful talents she'll bring to the family and what she'll do with her life. Be happy Soni and....

HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY!





No comments:

Post a Comment