Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Proud Moments of Being a Mother: Part 6!

Jana & Me atop the Space Needle!
Seattle 2009
I have five great kids, but I've been "Mom," "Mama Sloan" or "Auntie Carol" to SO many more! Maybe you've had similar experiences. Everyone of my kids brought friends into our family that we've loved and stood by with laughter and tears over the years.

Today is the 30th birthday of one such young lady, Jana Mae (Stokes) Newell! She started out as Brookie's roommate during her Freshman year at BYU-Idaho in 2001, became Brookie's best friend shortly thereafter and has been part of the family since shortly afterward.

After I moved to Post Falls, Idaho in 2006, I had this feeling that Jana needed to move in with me. I invited her and invited her and finally persuaded her to come for a visit. The visit lasted until 2011 when I had to move to Seattle! She had become a full-fledged daughter in my life...

So many memories; so many laughs and, unfortunately, time restraints today prohibit me from writing for her a proper birthday tribute. So, this is Jana's IOU. A blog to mark the anniversary of her birth and a promise to rewrite it one day in the near future. But in the meantime....


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HUNNY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment